Yorkshire Pudding RecipePrep time - 5 mins Cooking Time - 20 minutes Makes 12
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon beef dripping
- Sift flour, pepper and salt in to a large bowl and add the beaten eggs and half the milk, whisk until it resembles wallpaper paste (needs to be very smooth), then add the rest of the milk and again whisk till smooth. Let it rest for 30 minutes, this can be speeded up by placing it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Put a muffin tray with 1/2 teaspoon of beef dripping in each hole in the oven at the highest possible temperature (normally 270 C).
- Remove the muffin tray and pour in your batter (about 1/2 to 3/4 way up each hole), then place back in oven and reduce temperature immediately to 230 C / Gas 7. Bake for 20 minutes. 15 to 18 minutes if you hae a fan assisted oven
Tips and Tweaks
- When you whisk the eggs do it softly and just until it resembles wall paper paste. Should only take a few seconds!! The eggs form the glue that make them rise and stay together!!