Toffee Apples – Sweet & SaltyReady in 1 hour 6
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 400g dairy toffees, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 175g chocolate buttons
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a baking tray covered with lightly greased aluminium foil.
- Combine toffee and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until toffee melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the toffee and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the toffee. Scrape excess toffee from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan. Sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt and chill.
- Place the chocolate buttons into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.