Spring RollsMakes 12
- 200g carrots
- 6 spring onions
- 150g bean sprouts
- 150g frozen peas
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- 12 sheets ready-rolled filo pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- Approx 5g sesame seeds (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Grease 2 large baking trays.
- 2. Peel and grate the carrot. Chop the spring onions. Combine in a large bowl with the bean sprouts and frozen peas.
- 3. Stir through the oyster sauce (add a little light soy sauce too if you wish).
- 4. Take a sheet of filo pastry and brush with the egg around the edges.
- 5. Add a couple of dessert spoonfuls of the mix in the middle near the top.
- 6. Roll the top over the mix and keep rolling down, as tightly as you can, folding the two sides over as you go. Secure the bottom with more beaten egg and place on the tray, with the fold at the bottom.
- 7. Continue with the other sheets. You can then brush the tops with more egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and thoroughly hot.
Tips and Tweaks
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce!