Speedy Pasta Bake – with sausage meatballs
- 300g giant pasta shells (or simply cook up your usual pasta)
- 6 sausages
- 500g jar pasta sauce (or make your own)
- Grated cheese, for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Meanwhile boil the pasta until cooked but still firm.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking use a sharp knife to slit the sides of each sausage casing. Remove the meat and split it into quarters or thirds and create meatball shapes.
- 3. Place the cooked, drained pasta in a casserole dish. Top and mix with the sauce. Then dot with the meatballs.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove, turn each meatball to brown off, sprinkle with a little cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes until the sausage meat is cooked (no pink raw meat).