Scottish Spring ChickenPrep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- Approx 350g baby new potatoes
- 1 litre hot chicken stock (2 stock cubes)
- 150g frozen peas / broad beans
- 200g broccoli / cauliflower – cut into tiny florets
- 75g spring greens / sliced cabbage
- 1 tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed (or use other beans)
- 5 tsp green pesto
- A handful of grated parmesan cheese to serve – optional
- 1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry off the onion for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken and brown it off a bit before adding the potatoes and stock.
- 2. Allow to simmer rapidly for about 25 minutes. Then add the veg and cook for a further 5 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked (no raw pink meat in the middle).
- 3. Add the beans and pesto and stir through. Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of cheese (optional).
Tips and Tweaks
- By adding chopped fresh herbs at the end – parsley would work really well.