Pancake Recipe5 minutes preparation - 10 minutes cooking Serves 8
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar (this may vary depending on your topping sweet or savoury)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 180ml milk
- 50g butter, melted
- In a bowl mix flour and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and then milk at little at a time until batter is smooth and lump-free.
- In a hot pan or flat grill, brush butter over cooking surface and pour 1/4 cup measures for each pancake.
- When large bubbles form on the surface, flip over and cook until lightly golden on the other side.
Tips and Tweaks
- Sprinkle freshly cooked pancakes with fresh lemon juice and a dusting of caster sugar.
- Blueberries/ strawberries are a great healthy topping