One-Pot Chicken and Tomato Pasta10 mins prep time / 30 mins cook time / Ready in 40 mins 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or to taste
- 125ml red wine
- 2 (400g) tins Italian-style chopped tomatoes
- 225g of Co-op dried pasta
- 150g fresh spinach, chopped
- 125g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid over medium heat and cook and stir the chicken and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour the wine and chopped tomatoes with their juice into the frying pan and bring to the boil over high heat while scraping any browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the pasta and return to the boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta have cooked through, but are still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Spread the spinach over the top of the pasta, cover and simmer until the spinach leaves are cooked, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese evenly over the frying pan and simmer until the cheese has melted and the pasta is bubbling, about 5 minutes.
Tips and Tweaks
- If you can't find seasoned tomatoes, you can use plain tomatoes, and add a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning.