- 110g butter
- 450g caster sugar
- 150ml evaporated milk, (about 1/2 large can)
- /4 tsp ground cardamom , (optional)
- Line square tin with baking parchment or tinfoil.
- Put all ingredients (except any flavourings) in a large microwavable bowl (pyrex).
- Microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and beat with handheld electric whisk for 2 minutes. Beat in any flavourings at this point.
- Pour into tin and leave until soft - mark into squares then leave until cold before cutting.
Tips and Tweaks
- Add a bit of vanilla essence for a nice 'plain' version