Lemon CheesecakeServes 8
- 15 digestive biscuits, crushed - add more digestives if you want a thicker base
- 1/2 tablespoon Co-op light soft brown sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 250g mascarpone cheese, not the low fat as this slows down the setting of the topping
- 200ml Co-op single cream
- 397g condensed milk
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- Stir together the digestive biscuits, soft brown sugar, and melted butter. Empty into a 23cm springform cake tin and press out level. Leave to chill in the fridge while you make the base. Use a smaller tin if you want a thicker base
- Mix together, really well, the mascarpone cheese, single cream, condensed milk and lemon zest. Slowly add the lemon juice to the mix a bit at a time. Use an electric mixer and usually spend about 10 minutes mixing these ingredients together. The longer you mix, the thicker the topping gets in the bowl.
- Pour onto your chilled base, then return to the fridge for a few hours for it to set, but mix everything really well.
Tips and Tweaks
- Make it the evening before you need it and it sets perfectly!
- Add a few gingernut biscuits to the base gives it a diffferent taste.