Giants Toes Sausage Rolls15 minutes prep time Serves 16 Toes
- 8 cooked chipolata sausages, cut in half
- 1 packet ready made puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten (for glazing)
- tomato ketchup (for decorating)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ gas mark 4 and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Measure and cut out just enough to cover a half cooked sausage. Wrap it over the sausage, pressing down or crimping the edges to seal. Repeat with remaining sausages.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out a piece of the pastry at one end (preferably the end with the rounded sausage edge) to resemble a giant's toenail.
- Arrange on baking tray, brush lightly with beaten egg and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool, then use ketchup to draw a line of red blood where the toes have been chopped off!