From the Freezer Yorkshire PudsMakes 12 small puds
- Approx 2 tbsp vegetable / sunflower oil
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Twist of black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml milk
- Thoroughly pre-heat the oven to its hottest setting (mine goes up to 240°C) with a muffin tin inside. Once its heated up (about 20 minutes) remove the tin and add a little oil to each insert (approx ½ tsp each). Then place the tin back in the oven for another ten minutes or so (you want the oil to be sizzling hot). Meanwhile…
- Combine the other ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to combine – then decant into a measuring jug.
- Remove the tray and divide the batter mix between each insert (the oil should sizzle as you do). Place back in the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 180°C. Bake for around 15 minutes
- Then carefully turn each over and bake for a further 2-3 minutes
- Allow to cool right down, draining any excess oil by sitting them on a plate with some kitchen paper. Then store in a freezer bag and freeze
- TO COOK FROM FROZEN: pre-heat the oven to 200°C and place Yorkshires on a baking tray for approx 10 minutes until hot and crispy
Tips and Tweaks
- My tip is to double the quantities – and have one batch with your roast, then cool and freeze the other batch for next time….