Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream (in a bag)2 small portions
- 250ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 scoops ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons coarse salt
- Combine the cream, sugar, vanilla and strawberries in a litre size resealable plastic bag. Press the air out of the bag, seal and shake bag to combine contents. Place the bag into a larger sized resealable plastic bag. Add the ice and salt to the larger bag, press the air out, and seal bag.
- The kids love this bit !! Wrap bags in a tea towel. Shake continuously, until the contents of the small bag thicken into soft ice cream, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse the small bag quickly under cold water to wash off salt. Lay the ice cream filled baggie on a flat surface. Use a wooden spoon handle to push the ice cream down to the bottom corner of the baggie. Snip off the corner, and squeeze ice cream into a bowl.
- The salt is not consumed.
Tips and Tweaks
- Try other mix-ins too such as crushed chocolate, chopped fudge, blueberries or honeycomb.