Easy Curry RecipePrep:20min Cook:15min Ready in:35min Serves 5
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground red chilli
- 900g medium prawns - peeled and deveined or you can use chicken fillets if preferred
- 60ml water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- chopped fresh coriander to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over nearly high heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until browned. Mix in the curry leaves, then season with the ginger garlic paste, coriander and salt. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and turmeric, then mix in the tomato, chilli powder, prawns and water. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until prawns are opaque. Taste and adjust salt and chilli powder if necessary. Season with garam masala, stir and remove from the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with naan, roti or rice.
Tips and Tweaks
- If not enough liquid, add more water and reduce to the desired amount. Just make sure you dont overcook as the prawns turn to rubber pretty quickly!