Easy Chocolate Fudge30
- 175g icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 75g white marshmallows, chopped
- 85g butter
- 250g plain chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Grease one 20cm (8 in) square tin and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the icing sugar, milk, marshmallows and butter. Mix well and stir constantly until sugar thermometer reads 114 degrees C.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, vanilla and cocoa. Quickly stir together and pour into prepared tin. Chill thoroughly before cutting into squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Tips and Tweaks
- The primary tip for good fudge is to follow the directions exactly: confectionery is the most precise of the pastry arts. Use an accurate sugar thermometer and allow the mixture to reach the temperatures called for in the recipe before proceeding to the next step. Add each ingredient in the order listed by the recipe.
- When pouring the fudge from the saucepan to the tin, don't scrape the sides or bottom of saucepan or you may introduce unwanted sugar crystals into your finished fudge.