Easy Banana Cake45 minutes 10
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping (optional)
- Bake at 180 C / Fan 170 C / Gas 4 for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Tips and Tweaks
- Add a pinch of ground ginger and cinamon after the beaten egg.