Chicken PakoraPrep 15 mins - Cooking 10 mins 6 - 8
- cubed chicken 450g
- 1/2 small cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (or adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
- add salt as per your taste
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander
- 5 tablespoons gram flour (chickpea or besan flour)
- vegetable oil
- Mix together chicken, cabbage and carrots. Season with turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, tandoori masala, salt and fresh coriander.
- Add gram flour and just enough water to create a smooth, heavy mixture, that clings the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
- Heat a large fryer at low heat. Add the mixture by the spoonful and cook gently, until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat up and fry until golden and crispy.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels. Serve hot with a variety of sauces, such as hot chilli sauce, plain yoghurt or tamarind sauce.