Cheesy Marmite PopcornPrep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 5 mins Serves approx 4
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g popping corn kernals
- 40g unsalted butter
- 4 tsp Marmite
- 20g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 150°C / fan 130 / gas mark 2. Place greaseproof paper on two large baking trays. Place the oil in a large saucepan that has a lid. Add the corn and heat it all up on a medium-high heat – with the lid ON! As the oil heats, the corn will begin to pop.
- 2. As you wait for the oil to heat, melt the butter and Marmite together in a small pan, stirring.
- 3. As the corn pops, ensure you shake the pan so the base doesn’t burn. Once the pops are less frequent (if you can count to three in-between pops) then take off the heat, wait a few moments, then decant it all into a large bowl.
- 4. Pour over the buttery Marmite mixture – and then use your hands to gently spread it over the corn.
- 5. Place on the baking trays, sprinkle with the cheese and cook for five minutes to crisp it up. Serve immediately.