Cheats Spanish Omelette
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 x 25g pack ready-salted Hula Hoops
- 1. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan on a med-high heat. Saute the onion for two to three minutes (or longer on a lower heat until the onions sweeten and caramelise). Whisk the eggs in a bowl then add the crisps, stirring gently to combine.
- 2. Pour into the pan and wait for a minute or so before gently lifting the sides as they set to allow the uncooked egg to run into the bottom of the pan. Do this a few times before using a spatula to flip the omelette.
- 3. Cook for a further 30 seconds or so before serving. Season with black pepper and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tips and Tweaks
- Experiment with different crisp flavours; add slices of cooked sausage or deli meats; sauté off a chilli pepper (sliced) with the onion) – or a chopped red pepper. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce or hot mustard – or create as part of a breakfast dish with bacon rashers and cooked tomatoes.