Asparagus and Pancetta Risotto5 minutes preparation 25 minutes cooking 4
- 140g pack Co-op diced pancetta
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g Co-op risotto rice
- 800ml hot water
- 100g frozen peas
- 200g asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/Gas 6. Put the pancetta in a flameproof casserole dish and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and soften for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rice and water, cover and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and stir in the peas and asparagus. If all the water has been absorbed, add another 100ml. Re-cover and cook for 10 minutes more until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed. Stir in half the Parmesan. Serve with a green salad, the remaining cheese and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts, if you like.
Tips and Tweaks
- To serve, a green salad and a handful of toasted pine nuts (optional)