Posh OmelettePrep: 5 mins / Cook: 10-15 4-6
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt and a twist of black pepper
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. In an ovenproof frying pan, heat the oil and butter before adding the onion and sautéing for a couple of minutes.
- 2. Add the peas and with a wooden spoon, break up a bit for a minute or so.
- 3. Stir the mint sauce and seasoning into the eggs and pour on top. Let it all cook on the hob for five minutes.
- 4. Transfer to the oven for 10-15 minutes (check after 10 and cover with foil if it’s going too brown and the tops of the eggs have yet to cook through).
- 5. CAREFULLY remove and handle with oven gloves! Remove with a spatula onto a plate and either serve immediately or allow to cool down, place in the fridge and serve cold with a crisp salad.
Tips and Tweaks
- Use a tbsp pesto if you have no mint sauce!