Healthy Penne Pasta30 mins 2
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion sliced, plus 1 tbsp finely chopped
- ½ lime zest and juice
- 1 orange pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 196g can sweetcorn in water
- 100g wholemeal penne
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 avocado stoned and chopped
- handful coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Cook the pasta in salted water for 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan. Add the sliced onion and pepper and fry, stirring frequently for 10 mins until golden.
- Stir in the garlic and spices, then tip in the tomatoes, half a can of water, the corn and bouillon.Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, toss the avocado with the lime juice and zest, and the finely chopped onion.
- Drain the penne and toss into the sauce with the coriander.
- Spoon the pasta into bowls, top with the avocado and scatter over the coriander leaves.